5/31/11

Working the live long day.

She's still gone. No surprise there. I'm still getting used to the fact that Layna's not in the house whenever I wake up, or when I come home. My mom's even the mistake of calling out her name from force of habit. She broke down crying every time she did it. Alan, on the other hand, just does his work at home. I don't even see him for most of the day. Only time I've seen him even move from there is when he goes outside to look at the forest. He'll shout sometimes. With other times he drinks some beers on the porch, which is a good time to not go near him.

Alan never hit Layna, but he had it in for me. I dealt with his bullshit before and after she was born. I was his child servant, doing all the work and chores around the house, and getting my ass beat if I didn't do them to his standards. I'd tell my mother that I got into a fight, but things stopped when I was around 12. When she came home from picking up my sister from preschool, she happened to stumble upon him punching me across the face for not raking the backyard. I told her about how he always hurt me, and she gave him an ultimatum. Either he stops or she leaves. You can see how that turned out.

Eh. It's 5AM. I should be sleeping. Ran out of Benadryl so I'm going to try to sleep naturally.

Here's to hoping I don't dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment