4/3/11

Another late night.

So, babysitting was... Bleh. I can't even begin to start. I want to kick my parents around so much. So they leave early for dinner around 5PM or so. Didn't bother leaving us anything for our own dinner, so I was nice and ordered pizza for me and Layna around 7PM. After a few hours, I was playing Halo Reach on the 360 when I hear her screaming my name and find her sprawled out on her bed with vomit on the floor. I happened to step and slip in said vomit. Not fun when you have regurgitated pizza all over your pants. I gave her some pepto-bismol, and by that I mean forced it down her throat despite the chalk taste, and then switched clothes and took a relaxing shower.

I don't know what I did to piss off whatever Almighty being there is out there, but the power went out. Shower in the dark right when the water gets cold isn't the best case scenario by far. I felt around for the knobs to turn off the water and made it out into the bathroom safely. By the time I got dressed, my parents finally came home and started arguing about my father.

Well I'm sure this would've came up eventually, but now is a better time than any.

My father is dead. He died April 2nd, 1998. My step-father Alan always takes her out on this day to distract her from thinking about it, but it always ends up in a fight because he wants her to forget him. It's not really that easy. I was only 6 years old then, and I don't remember much. Actually, I can't remember anything before he died. My earliest memory is my mother crying as a man in a suit had his arm around her and her telling me that my dad died in a fire. I think it was a detective, but I'm not sure. Of course she's remarried and started up this new family of ours. Every year though, she always has to remember this. I've always guessed it was her own personal way of a memorial for him since the body was burned to unidentifiable ashes. They buried a coffin for him too but she could never go there. She never told me anything about the fire either, but I don't bother her with it out of respect.

It winded down after I got Alan to back off of her case as I've done with recent years. He's not entirely a bad guy, but a slight temper can get the better of him. After that I just put on some music and relaxed. I thought about becoming a firefighter one time, putting out fires in forests with the water hose thing they use and saving lives. Never quite sat well for me considering what happened.

So I'm awake at a reasonable time this morning. Had breakfast, and try to make some plans with friends today and maybe coerce them into getting them to take me job hunting for an hour if I can. I need to get out of the house and do something. I'll probably go on another walk to help clear my head from yesterday before anything else.

No comments:

Post a Comment