4/18/11

Fucking Proms.

Admittedly, I hadn't been too keen on updating this. I've been quite busy with the last week with work and there's just been some family issues going on, not to mention I had to work my old High School's prom yesterday.

So to start, Karen hasn't talked to me since the night of the last post I made. Whenever she's babysitting, she only waves and speaks to me when necessary. The way she's doing this and speaking in a passive-aggressive manner drives me up the wall. Now I can deal with assholes at work all day. Trust me. This shit however, does not fly with me. I've just stopped trying at this point. It's not like I'm the one who made the move.

Work's been a bit hectic with some of the events, but at least I'm earning some money. Then there was prom.

Okay, high school sucked. I barely keep in contact with anyone I knew from it in the first place, and I sure as hell don't want to see any of the younger people who knew me from there either. I didn't go to prom either. This white boy can't dance. I was so glad by the time I got off work till the realization of graduations coming up soon that I know I haven't made any progress with my original intentions.

I don't want to divulge into my work too much, but I deal with local and popular events. Concerts, school events, etc. So I'll end up enduring having to see people I know and want to forget for those many days, and have them looking down on me for not being in or having gone off to somewhere for college.

Nothing I like dealing with, and it's things like that that make me want to put more effort into any attempt I made to progress in life. I really need to see if I can get a job that I work more at. I don't want things to stay like this for me. I want my own life.

In other aspects of my current life, apparently my mom is taking my sister to a guidance counselor. Not sure why, but apparently the teachers are worried about some pictures she's been drawing of what they interpret as her dad. I haven't seen any of the pictures though my mom told me it's of Alan with an arm around her neck. From what I understand, Layna's been drawing them at school and won't talk about them to her teacher.

I know this routine. They think something's going on at home because of some drawings, and then teachers and parents have the big discussions that will end up tearing apart the family. You tend to see these things at school and on reality TV shows. I may not like him, but I know Alan never hurt Layna. She's his own flesh and blood, unlike me.

I think that about covers it for now. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment