4/20/11

Nightmares

Of course, when your sister is screaming your name at 4AM, one would see what the fuck is going on. I headed to her room only to find that Alan was already in there comforting her. "Just another nightmare." He said to me, and asked "What did you run in here for?"

So I answered. "I thought I heard her shouting my name, so I came to check on her."

"Of course she didn't. Why the hell would you think that?"

I kept my mouth shut with that comment and went back to my room to avoid a confrontation. He shouted after me asking why I was up in the first place, but I just shut the door behind me. I don't like him. Never did. Family members of mine would say that I couldn't accept the change of having a new father, but that wasn't the case. He was just an ass to me.

Anyway, so about ten minutes after that I hear a knock on my door and it's my sister. As usual, she crawled onto my bed and began to sleep. That what she would've done anyway. Honestly I wasn't expecting this from my twelve year old half-sister.

Her: "Aiden, do you have nightmares?"
Me: "Yes I do, whenever I actually dream."
Her: "Why?"
Me: "Because I do? Not really sure why."
Her: "Do you ever have nightmares that come back again?"
Me: "All the time. How come?"
Her: "I keep having the same one."
Me: "Oh, I see. What's it about?"
Her: "It's about dad."

Layna told me about how she kept dreaming about her running through the neighborhood at night and something was chasing her. It was a tall man in a suit coming after her with a black whip in his hand. The way he moved was unnatural, like if he was just floating on air but not moving his legs. She couldn't see his face in the darkness, but heard the thrashing of the whip coming closer and closer even as she ran through the woods surrounding the area, till it hit her. She fell down on the ground and turned around, looking up at the man. She only saw that he was smiling, with his arms outstretched as if to hug her. She told me she felt like she couldn't resist, and she got up to do so. When she did, darkness enveloped her and then there was nothing. She felt dead and empty. That's when she woke up.

I hugged her while she cried even telling me the story. If anything, I could relate to her on the last bit. Aside from my other fears invading my dreamspace which I don't feel like going into again, I always had this one occurring dream where I was in this place. It was just pure white everywhere. I walked, yet I was floating. No one was around. It was empty, save for one thing. There was a line that appeared.

A single black line that was like a horizon in the empty realm. I tried walking toward it when the whiteness started pulling me into whatever it was. It was like quicksand, pulling you in no matter what you do. I tried running but it was like the place shifted to where I couldn't walk. I was falling towards the line. It only got slightly bigger as I got close. But then it started pulling my legs in like paper shredder, pulling them into the nothing that was the line till it got half-way up to my body. Every time I had that dream that would always happen. Not to mention it scared the shit out of me and it did it quite often when I was younger. I stopped having that dream around like thirteen or fourteen, so that's just one less thing to worry about.

I told her about it too in a hope to comfort her. Probably needed someone who understood how she felt right now. She seemed a bit better, and got in my bed again like she normally did and then said something to me that kind of made me a bit pissed off, but it made my day at the same time.

Her: "By the way... I was saying your name. Dad just told me to shut up when he walked in there."
Me: "Figures."

Even if she's my half-sister, she's better family than the rest of them. Fucking douchebag.

I should try to get back to sleep too- Oh right, my bed's taken up now. Herpderp.

No comments:

Post a Comment